Monday, June 9, 2014

Great Alternative to MAC's Superb!!!!! And ONLY $3!!!!

Did you miss out on Mac's limited edition Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb? Or do you use it sparingly because it might very well be over a year before this limited edition product is released again?! (I'm still waiting for the Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Guilt to come back...why do you do this to us Mac?! Why?!) OR are you just in the market for a rose gold highlight?!? Well today I bring to you a great ALTERNATIVE to the MUCH loved Superb! I'm careful NOT to call it a dupe as I know that most beauty lovers only consider an identical match to be a dupe BUT what I bring to you today offers the same effect at a 10th of the price, therefore in my eyes,  it makes it a great alternative!


Mac Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb

The alternative I bring to you is is.......
E.L.F Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems
This is the Eyes Lips Face baked highlighter in Blush Gems and the best part is that it's only $3!!!!

Left: Mac Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb
Right: E.L.F Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems


Side by side both of these products look pretty darn similar right? But now its time for the true test SWATCHES!!!! I took a number of pictures because depending on the sunlight I was getting, the products looked identical at times and at others you could see the difference between them.
Left: Superb
Right: Blush Gems
The ONE main difference between these two products is that the base color of Superb is one shade darker than Blush Gems. Superb has a bit of a darker rose gold/ copper color than does the E.L.F Blush Gems. However, the micro shimmers in both products are identical to each other, so although not quite a dupe, a definite great alternative! Both products have a metallic finish and offer the same effect on the cheek bones!
Left: Superb
Right: Blush Gems
In the picture above the two swatches look a lot more alike!

Superb/Blush Gems
This picture was still taken outside but not in direct sunlight and I  blended in the two swatches to meet in the middle so you could see how similar they are.

This next picture is probably my favorite because I can hardly tell the difference between both of  the swatches.
Super/ Blush Gems
Depending on the light and the way the sun hit the swatches you could hardly tell the difference!When Superb was available it retailed for $30 and although I do believe it was worth every penny, since it is currently is unavailable, I definitely recommend you pick up the E.LF. Baked Highlighter for $3! The only other difference is that Superb does have a smoother texture which is to be expected, however, I did find that once on your cheekbones the texture of the products looked the same!

Who can wear this highlight?
Trust me when I say that a wide variety of shin tones can wear this highlight so don't hesitate to give it a try!









2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried the elf's facial whip? I luv it.. I am thinking of trying that baked highlighter. .wasn't sure if I wanted tobbut after seeing swatches I think I'll give it try..target?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica! I actually have never tried the facial whip but I've heard great things about it so I need to pick it up! I definitely recommend the baked highlight I don't think you'll regret it! I bought mine off the elf website but I have a feeling that Target doesn't have it. =/ I really wish Target sold more of the line. If you end up picking it up let me know how you like it! =)

    ReplyDelete