Friday, February 20, 2015

DUPE ALERT: Dupe for Mac Cosmetics Cosmo Lipstick

What makeup lover doesn't love a good MAC dupe?! It seems to me that us makeup lovers are constantly hunting down the next MAC dupe so when I came across this one, I became very excited! When I heard about Jordana's Modern Matte Lipsticks, I didn't see myself picking any up because I'm not the biggest fan of matte lipsticks. I have chronically dry lips and as much as I try to keep hydrated, moisturize my lips, and exfoliate them, matte formulas can feel like torture on my lips. With all that being said, when I went to my local makeup store, I found a display of the new lipsticks and since they were only $1.99 I thought well what do I have to lose besides 2 bucks?!
Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick 01 Matte Bare
I picked up the shade in 01 Matte Bare and when I took it home I soon realized that it could be a possible dupe for Mac's Cosmo. Cosmo is my second favorite lipstick after Fanfare so its no wonder out of the 12 lipsticks in the line I would choose a color extremely similar to one I already own.

Left: Matte Bare
Right: MAC Cosmo
As you can see from the pic above they look to be nearly identical. I will state that for me a dupe doesn't necessarily need to be a 100% dead on match. A good dupe for me is one that if you already had one of the products you wouldn't need the second one because the difference between the two isn't nearly enough to warrant owning both even for a huge makeup collector who can spot the difference.

Left: Jordana Matte Bare
Right: Cosmo
Swatched on my arm the two colors look a tad bit different, but I think that has more to do with the lighting than the actual color of the two.


Here are the two lipsticks on my lips. Can you tell me which one is which?!

I will say there is ONE major difference between the two lipsticks and its probably the reason why you were able to figure out which was which. The Jordana lipstick  is a matte formula and Mac's Cosmo is an amplified creme formula. Coming from a girl who isn't a fan of matte lipsticks I didn't find the Jordana formula to be too uncomfortable. It is definitely a much more comfortable formula than say Mac's matte lipsticks. I wore the Jordana lipstick for a few hours and although it isn't as comfortable as Mac's Cosmo, my lips weren't begging for moisture like they usually do when I wear a matte formula.



So if you're in the market for an every day natural pinkish mauve color that will go with almost every makeup look and don't feel like spending $16 or prefer a matte finish, then I highly recommend the Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick in Matte Bare. Although I bought mine for $1.99 on Jordana's website they retail for $2.49, still a price that can't be beat!




No comments:

Post a Comment