Saturday, July 23, 2016

Favorite Primers

I'm a huge fan of primers and with so many on the market it can become quite overwhelming to decided which is best suited for your skin type and needs, Below are my current favorite primers that I love to use on myself as well as my clients. Here are the four primers that I've been reaching for and loving lately.
The Nyx cosmetics Angel Veil is a great primer for all skin types. It primes the face perfectly if you're looking for a primer that'll help your makeup stay on longer as well as fill in any texture you might have to give your skin a smooth finish that's ready for your foundation to glide on.

Nyx Cosmetics Angel Veil Primer



If you have oily skin the Makeup ForEver Step 1 skin equalizer mattifying primer is a great option for you. It does a good job at keeping you matte but I also find that it smooths out my skin so if you have oily/ combo skin and also have some texture issues then I would definitely recommend this primer!
Makeup Forever Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer


If you have extremely oily skin the Face to Face Super Matte Anti Shine primer is for you! I tend to always have oily skin but in the summer I become an oil slick and not to sound overly dramatic but this primer has changed my life! Whenever I use this product I typically only use it on areas that get the most oily like my t-zone. It's definately a product you use sparingly and on deliberate places on the face.


If you have enlarged pores or texture problems then I highly recommend the Smashbox Photo Finsh Pore Minimizing Primer. This primer feels in the pores so well leaving a smooth finish on the face. A tip I recommend before applying it to your face is to squeeze a small amount on the back of your hand and warm the product up a bit with your finger before patting it into your face. Typically primers designed to fill in pores can crumble on the skin so I find if you warm the product up a bit you won't have that problem.
Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer

If you've tried any of these primers let me know your thoughts on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment